Thursday, June 7, 2012

Golf

 Kim's look:



Caddyshack- one of my favorite movies. Channeling Rodney Dangerfield's character.

Casie's look:




Golf ball on putting green.  Straight forward and happy.  To be honest, I wore this dress to work without the tank top but with a little jacket.  But the boob thing was out of control, so I called my boss and asked her to bring me a tank top to wear.  Ahhhh....I feel much better.

tank top- borrowed
dress- handed down from Ali
shoes- Target
necklace- gift from Ali from the land of Mexico

Jilli's look:


*I don't play golf, but this picture kind of makes me wanna.  You look LURVLEY, Miss Jill.


Travel player again... inspired by Coral Canyon golf course in UT.

Friday challenge:  Art Inspiration



This is a piece of art by Michael Whelan.  It depicts a story from Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles (my favorite story from The Martian Chronicles- BTW).  I think it is fitting that we celebrate Mr. Bradbury's own artistic contribution this week.

Ray Bradbury- Mars

Here is a link to a commentary on Mars by Ray Bradbury in National Geogrpahic (Where I found the picture)Read it.  Pretty awesome perspective.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing story Casie. "We are the Martians!" Gosh, when I look at the golf course photo, it really could be on Mars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love that commentary. thank you for sharing it. i cannot wait to dig deeper on mr. bradbury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golf clubs are used to hit the golf ball. Each club is composed of a shaft with a lance (or 'grip') on the top end and a club head on the bottom. Long clubs, which have a lower amount of degreed loft, are those meant to propel the ball a comparatively longer distance, and short clubs a higher degree of loft and a comparatively shorter distance. Typically, the actual physical length of each club is longer or shorter, depending on the distance the club is intended to propel the ball.Golf Elbow

      Delete